Monday, April 7, 2014

Party treats for the big game - pizza crescent rolls

Happy Monday!  Man, it feels good to say that again on the blog.  :)  I posted on Friday for the first time in a month, a shame, I know.  And that came right after confessing how much I had missed blogging.

And yet, here we are again.  The itch is back.  I hope y'all had a lovely weekend and are getting some nice spring weather your way.  It was chilly here yesterday, but warm enough for a nice walk, so no real complaints here.  Today is actually a rainy mess, but it's also Monday so...

All of that aside though, tonight is the big game for NCAA basketball, and while my team isn't in the Championship game and my brackets were busted before the Final Four, I am still excited to share this simple, fun, and tasty party treat with you all!

PIZZA CRESCENT ROLLS

I originally saw this idea from a terrific food blog, Plain Chicken, and I was happy to bring it to my kitchen.  

I used just 3 ingredients and these were ready in less than 30 minutes.  Huge win for a Saturday afternoon meal, and game day treat.  

INGREDIENTS
1 can of crescent rolls (I always get the big and buttery ones, but that's just me.)
Pepperonis (I used about 6 per crescent, or 48 pieces.  You may use more or less)
String cheese (4 cut in half)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven according to instructions on package of crescent rolls (Depending on your brand of rolls)
Roll out crescents as directed and fill with pepperonis and string cheese like so:  

Pop in the oven according to instructions.  
Serve with marinara sauce.  

De-licious.  So simple.  So easy.  Will definitely be doing this again.  

Are you watching the game tonight?  Who are you pulling for? 

For other last minute treat ideas, see here.  

9 comments:

  1. Yumm I love the pizza crescent rolls. We haven't made them in a while, but they are the perfect snack for during the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how simple this is! We make them every now and then in our house!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, and super easy to throw together for a dinner party or game on TV. I love crescent rolls, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crescent rolls and pizza, so I know I'll love this. It's so easy too! My favorite! :)
    I miss blogging when I take a break, but the break is always so nice too (even if it's just breaking from a regular posting schedule, lol)! Welcome back to Mondays! :)
    Thanks so much for linking up to Delicious Dish Tuesday this week!! We'd love it if you'd share our button or a link to one of the host's blogs so your readers know where they can share their tasty recipes too! Hope to see another fabulous recipe from you next week on DDT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a can of crescent roll dough lurking in the back of my fridge so I whipped these together with my roommate and oh-em-gee were they delicious! We brushed some butter on top and sprinkled them with parmesan. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple and tasty snack! I'd love if you stopped by and shared with us on Five Friday Finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sure I have not found a food yet that doesn't taste better when wrapped in a crescent roll. We love these little mini pizzas! We've done chocolate, scrambled eggs and bacon, peanut butter, jam, ham and cheese, roast beef, you name it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your link! Thanks for partying with us on the Four Seasons Blog Hop! Sandra from Scrumptilicious 4 You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recipe is featured in this week's Five Friday Finds. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)