Monday, April 21, 2014

Signs of Spring

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!  Our was packed to the brim and I was beyond thankful to have the opportunity to celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ with friends and family!

Last week, I started our One Year Later Home Tour and shared the work we've done in our living room and some of my plans for that space moving forward.  Today, we're going in the front yard where we just recently finished what felt like a pretty massive make over.

When we bought our house last year, we were basically in maintenance mode on the yard.  We were focused on painting the interior and I wanted to give everything a full year to bloom so I could see what we were working with.  And in our front yard, we had lovely little brick edging and white stones/seashells around the front yard bushes like so:



And I don't know, maybe you like it.  But I really wasn't in love.  And hubs didn't particularly care to run the weed eater near those bricks either...

I've been really wanting a change and I was thrilled to have a few warm days without rain recently to fill those spaces in with wonderful, dark brown mulch.  

Progress:  


We ended up keeping some of the tarps and rocks under the mulch, but still moved a lot to the backyard.  We dumped them and then raked them out smooth under the deck to help prevent soil runoff under there.  

And the results: 




I love it so much.  I think the bright colors of the flowers and bushes pop so much more against the dark brown!  We've also got some wonderful flowers that are starting to come up through the ground again that I am getting really excited about seeing bloom!  Soon enough.  

It certainly was not an easy project, but one that I am so thankful to have completed.  It was really fun for us to do this project together and it definitely took both of us to get it done.  

Happy Spring!!  



9 comments:

  1. It looks great...love the azalea bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks so much better!! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos of your flowers just make me smile! So pretty!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, beautiful yard. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! We are planning to work in our yard this weekend and I can't decide if I want to add mulch or not...but yours looks so good, I just might have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your updates look lovely. Congrats on the beautiful results from your hard work! It's so pretty with the azaleas in bloom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your updates look lovely. Congrats on the beautiful results from your hard work! It's so pretty with the azaleas in bloom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)