Monday, May 5, 2014

Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!  Do you have any fun plans for the evening?!
We are just relaxing around here...nothing fancy.  How I like to spend my weeknights.  :)

Today, I'm sharing a not so secret fact:  I really like cookies.  Actually, one of the most popular posts on this old blog is "My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies".  I don't know what it is about cookies.  Maybe it's the homemade smell that gets through the house when they're baking.  Maybe it's the fact that they are easy to pick up and eat on the go, and maybe it's that they are super easy to take to get togethers and parties.  Most likely, it's some of all of that.


Last week though, when I wanted to make cookies, I realized that I had about no flour left in the pantry.  What's a girl to do, right?!  Well, luckily, pinterest came to the rescue, and when I saw a bisquick cookie recipe from Plain Chicken (seriously one of my favorite food blogs out there), I knew I could trust it.

And of course, I had plenty of bisquick in the pantry.

I also used the opportunity to try baking on the pizza stone.  HUGE success.  I loved the way they turned out!  


INGREDIENTS
(Original Recipe here)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (I used unsalted butter)
1 cup brown sugar, plus a pinch for good measure ;)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg
2 3/4 cup bisquick baking mix
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375.  In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth.  Slowly mix in baking mix and chocolate chips.  Drop in rounded spoonfuls on baking sheet (or baking stone) and bake for 8-10 minutes.  

REVIEW
These cookies were a big hit.  I took them to the office and they were gone pretty quickly.  I liked that they stayed fluffy during baking and were soft even days later.  There was a hint of pancake flavor that sounds a little bit weird, but was actually quite nice.

What I liked most of all about this recipe was how simple it was.  I made it between commercials of a TV show hubs and I were watching together.  I actually dumped everything in the bowl at once before mixing which made it a little more difficult to mix, but they cookies still turned out just lovely.

So now, there is a competitor in the race for favorite chocolate chip cookies...

On another note, I think my metabolism is slowing down.  Really.  I have got to stop making these cookies.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these look delicious! I've never baked cookies with Bisquick before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! I can't wait to try this next time I am baking!

    I found your blog via the Collective Social Blog Hop!

    Emily
    www.somethinggoldsomethingblue.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally a sucker for Chocolate Chip cookies, so therefore I think I have to try these! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary Leigh! I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award! http://keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth was just watering as I was looking at this. Oh my goodness. I need to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look yummy! I'll have to try!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary,
    Visiting from Plucky's Second Thoughts Link Up Party. Great recipe, now I'm gonna have to try it!

    Be Well,
    The Lady Kay

    www.theliberalladykay.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious!! Easy is my kind of recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll I found my dinner menu for mothers day, this pasta dish I saw on this blog called a dash of sanity and your cookies... Yep ! My son and myself are going to cook it and mu husband is going to eat it.. Whats wrong with that picture! I dont like going to dinner on mother day, so we cook in. But i am going get a massage at a spa... Thanks for entering this at my Fab Friday Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! And they look so easy. I'm going to try these because I never met a cookie I didn't like. :) (Found you on the Weekend Re-treat Party.)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)