Happy Friday! I can't even believe that it's already May! Where in the world is this year going?! It's been a few months since I've posted a Five on Friday post here on the blog and I'm excited that today is the day to get back into the swing of it.
And I'm excited to have so many lovely things with you all today.
1. Holy Guacamole. Okay, I know I already shared this one here, but seriously. It is so yummy! I am so happy to have a guacamole recipe that I like and look forward to enjoying this little treat often this spring/summer season.
2. My hydrangea bushes are growing and growing. So are all the other flowers in the yard of course, but these are the ones that I have been looking forward to the most. I want so badly to learn the best way to take care of them this year. I'm hoping that if I can take care of this one and it has a good summer, I'll be able to plant a few more bushes around our deck.
3. This little jewelry tray. I've been able to complete a few very simple craft projects lately and this is one that I'm most happy about. It's just as simple as it looks - an old frame with scrapbook paper inserted into it sitting on top of my dresser.
I love how pretty it looks though and that it corrals all the jewelry that I wear most often into one place.
4. Another quick little craft project: spray painting those silver (old salsa) jars. I love the metallic silver and how these little jars complement the other vases on the mantel. I still need to get flowers for these jars and the vases, but haven't yet decided the colors I want.
5. And finally, just spring in general. This is my favorite season. Hands down. I just want to play outside all day long, every day of the week. It doesn't hurt to have good reading, either. :)
I'm hoping to have another chill and relaxing weekend again this weekend. We've actually got three weddings in a row coming up so I'm soaking in all of the calm this weekend and hoping to get some gift shopping completed before the wedding season officially kicks off.
Who am I kidding though, wedding season is just one more reason why I like this time of year the best. :)