Monday, June 23, 2014

Confetti Crispy Treats

Would you believe me if I said I had never made Rice Krispy Treats before?  It's a crazy thing, right?  And honestly, maybe I have made them before when I was younger, but have about zero recollection of that.  

And then, I had a bag of marshmallows in the pantry and rainbow sprinkles and immediately thought that a fun weekend treat would be to mix these sweet things into a box of crispies.  


And that, my friends was a very good and delicious idea.  It's basically exactly the same as your regular rice krispy recipe only with rainbow sprinkles mixed in and then sprinkled on top.  

The sprinkles add such a fun extra touch to these already yummy goodies.  


INGREDIENTS
4 Tbsp butter
1 bag (10 oz.) of mini marshmallows
5 cups of rice krispy cereal
about 2 handfuls of rainbow sprinkles (that's the best estimate I have, but you should feel free to add however many you like.)

DIRECTIONS
Melt butter over low-med heat in a large saucepan.  (I turned my oven burner between 3 and 4).  
Add marshmallows and continue to stir until melted. 
Stir in 1 handful of sprinkles (don't worry about stirring them completely in so they don't bleed their colors)
Pour in cereal and mix until thoroughly coated. 
Press into greased baking pan (I used a 9x13 pan, but you can use smaller if you wish) and allow to cool.  
Cooling should take about 30 minutes. 


I may or may not have been munching on these all weekend.  I also may or may not have packed a couple of them in my lunchbox today.

How can you resist?!  These are so fun and the sprinkles are so nice and festive!

P.S.  These would also be fun for an upcoming July 4th party with themed red, white, and blue sprinkles...but don't take my word for it.  :)

Happy Monday, friends!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun snack! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! Bet the kiddos will love this.

    Pinning it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I've not considered adding sprinkles to Rice Krispy Treats. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute. My kids would love these I'll have to make it for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I haven't had crispy treats in forever and once I saw them my mouth immediately started watering! Pinned! Thanks for sharing with Creative Style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to gussy up crispy treats! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic :) Anything with rainbow sprinkles = win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to make these for my grandsons!
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe at Thoughts of Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they will love them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. A favorite made even more fun! Thank you so very much for joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't rainbow sprinkles just SCREAM fun?! Thanks for stopping by and for hosting such a great link up!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)