Sunday, June 29, 2014

Vox Box Review: Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo

The products in this review were provided to me without charge from Influenster.  However, the opinions and experience is all my own.  

I've been a member of Influenster for a while now, and I was SO excited to receive my first VoxBox from them just last week!  I was even more excited that this box contained a full size sample of Herbal Essences new Naked Volume Dry Shampoo.  Also in the box were travel sizes of the naked moisture conditioner and shampoo.  


My everyday hair care routine is pretty straightforward.  I use 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner most frequently because it saves time, then I blow dry and straighten it out.  I almost always use heat protector spray on it, but other than that, I don't do too much.  

My hair is super thick, but normal in terms of texture and oil.  It's not dry by any means, but I can usually get away with washing it every other day so long as I plan on wearing it in a ponytail the second day.  It loses so much volume when I sleep on it, so for it to look its best, I almost always need to rewash it.  

That said, I was so excited to have the opportunity to try out all of these products, but especially the dry shampoo since it promised extra volume in addition to absorbing excess oils.  


And I was pretty pleased with the results.  I washed my hair on Wednesday morning before work and the photo above is from Thursday morning with the dry shampoo.  The dry shampoo smelled great and was easy to use.  I've used dry shampoos before that leave a powdery white residue that is hard to get out, but I was able to easily brush this through once applying it.  And it did a great job with my hair.  


So, being curious, I though I'd give it one more shot on Friday.  Not too shabby, eh?  I actually asked a co-worker on Friday if she could tell I hadn't washed my hair since Wednesday and she was in disbelief.  

Overall, I thought this was a great product and I'm excited to use it more frequently!  I also tried the shampoo and conditioner and loved the scent of those (But I always love the scent of herbal essences products...)!  But, for the sake of time, I will likely stick to the same 2-in-1 routine I've been using once I get the last little bit out of the sample bottles.  

How often do you wash your hair? Do you ever use a dry shampoo on the go to restore volume to your hair?  




2 comments:

  1. When my hair was long, I washed it twice a week and used dry shampoo on the third and/or fourth day. I can't go quite as long since I cut it short, but I'm trying! I have tried several brands, and my favorite so far is Not Your Mother's brand, but I haven't tried Herbal Essences yet. It may be next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this vox box too and I am loving the dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)