Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend Re-cap: Strawberries, Sunshine, and Sunsets

Well, that title basically sums it up this past weekend!  This was our first weekend in a month where we didn't have to travel away from home and frankly on Thursday, I expected that it was going to be a pretty low-key, not too much going on kind of weekend.

And while we had a fun time and actually got lots done around here (I mean, I was at least able to blog, hello!), we ended up with a packed full weekend!  All of our plans (except for a meeting at church on Sunday) quite literally were made just hours before taking place.  Here's to some spontaneity, huh?

On Friday night, we spent hours after dinner in the front yard with neighbors enjoying the warm weather and good company.

Saturday morning, we woke up, cooked a pretty massive breakfast (which I forgot to take photos of), and then I went strawberry picking at a nearby farm with a couple friends.


Not too shabby, huh?  You really can't beat the taste of fresh fruit.

Saturday night, we joined more friends for a baseball game in a nearby downtown for more fun.


We were actually facing directly into the sun when we got to our seats and by the end of the first inning, we had the privilege of this beautiful sunset.


It ended up being the PERFECT weather for a baseball game and the night was just wonderful.  It was actually the first game I've been to in this stadium and it certainly did not disappoint.  I envision many (or at least one) more nights here this summer.


He's cute, huh?  I just love him to pieces.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! Love the photos from the baseball game!! I haven't been strawberry picking in years - I think you just added that to my summer list!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such a great time! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! I really want to go strawberry picking this summer... they are just so delicious, and how fun to be able to pick your own. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bulls stadium and its location! Its absolutely the best in the summer. Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strawberries look soooo good! And what a beautiful night for a baseball game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! Love it!
    Here's to another great week filled with yummy strawberries and beautiful sunsets. You can never have too much of either one!
    Cheers!
    Shana from Technotini.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)