Monday, July 21, 2014

A day at the museum & an Italian dinner

Oh gosh, I have been a little MIA over here lately.  I don't really have a great excuse other than more nights than not recently after getting home, I just haven't cared a whole ton about turning on a computer.

But, I did promise a fun little re-cap of our anniversary weekend, and even though we are 3 weeks post-celebration, I am excited to share some of that with you today!

Our anniversary was on a Monday this year, but we no doubt celebrated on the weekend, too.

We wanted to do something low key and something that we don't get to do often, so we decided to visit our local history and life & science museums.  It was a day packed with learning, fun, and pretending to be kids again.  And it was awesome.


But first, we went to the Farmer's Market for brunch.  I had chicken & waffles, of course, but hubs definitely helped me finish it.  I love that it's fresh, local, and homemade at the Farmer's market.  Not to mention DELICIOUS.  

Our next stop was the museums and frankly, I didn't get nearly enough pictures. It's hard when there are only 2 of you to get good pics together.  And I really didn't want to be the one photographing the whole museum.  
with t-rex
Stopping to take a selfie in the history museum
But, if you'll take my word for it, we had a really fun time.  We spent hours in the museums.  Actually, my favorite part was late in the afternoon at the science museum - we noticed lots of nicely dressed people coming in and realized that they were waiting for a wedding reception to begin on the top floor.  

We actually got to celebrate a rehearsal dinner in the science museum last year, and it was fun to think back to that event.  Museums seem like such a fun venue for a wedding.  *If you're planning a museum wedding reception, please invite me.  It will be fun.  Promise.  ;)


After the museums, we walked around a little more outside and got to visit other historical buildings nearby.  




It was probably one of the most fun days.  

We did go out on our real anniversary too, though.  And we were so fancy.  


Love him to pieces.  

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorite things! Hope y'all had a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)