Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What I Wore: Linen Tunic (episode 2)

Y'all.  I know I just posted about my love of tunic tops (see here).  But seriously, I can't get enough.   They are perfect for my long torso, fitted enough, but still breathable and slimming.


Oh, and they are perfect with these shorts...also a fave this time of year.  A funny story about this outfit though.  I wore it to my parents house recently to celebrate one of my sisters' birthdays.  And, when I showed up at home, I realized that the birthday girl and I were essentially matching.  

Great minds must think alike, I guess.  :) 


And, I think this outfit counts for being pretty thrifty, too.  The shorts are Lily Pulitzer, but are a hand-me-down from a friend.  The top is from a thrift store and the sandals literally cost me $5 from Kohl's on clearance, which I paid for with Kohl's cash.  Grand real $ cost of this outfit:  <$5.  Not too shabby, I
suppose.



The turquoise top came from TJ Maxx as did the shorts, so still thrifty, but not quite as much as the black/white one.  

Anyway, I'm in love with this look for the summer.  


3 comments:

  1. love a thrifty outfit as much as a pricey one most of the time, well done!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when you find an amazing deal? Those tunics are some great summer pieces. Timeless and classy, def worth every penny. The turquoise tunic would look cute with pink shorts too and cognac accessories :-) btw I really need to hit up Kohls. One of my best friends shops there all the time and she loves it. I need to learn more about this Kohls cash if it means more dollars in my pocket lol.

    Ele @ http://inspirationele.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty linen tunic girl! Great for summer!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)