Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What I Wore: Linen Tunic

Happy July!!  We are officially in the second half of the year, which is totally crazy to me.  

Nothing says summer to me like bright colors and white pants.  But I think I've said that already.  This little number is from last weekend when we spent the whole day downtown to celebrate our anniversary.  That post is coming soon, but until then, I wanted to share this fun outfit that was perfect for the occasion.   


Both this top and shorts are from TJ Maxx a couple of years ago.  The top is linen and is easy and breezy this time of year.  It is dry clean only though (if you know tips on washing 100% linen, let a sister know...) and wrinkles really easily if you're sitting most of the day, so I don't wear it too often to work.  


But I really just love the green embroidery and the length of this shirt.  I have a long torso so longer shirts are definitely my favorite.  And of course the braided sandals are from Target 2 years ago (conveniently enough, the spring before we were married).  
  

As a disclaimer though, those cute little  flat sandals are not ideal for walking around all day.  In my mind, I knew that the places we were going were all within a few blocks of one another.  I completely discounted the fact that we would be walking all  day  long.  So, I was happy to get home and prop my feet up at the end of the day.  (If you have ideas of stylish summer sandals that have good arch support, also let me know.)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! This color looks great on you. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sky blue for summer. I love tunics but I am so short I can't find many that work.
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)