Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What I Wore: Summer in the Office

I am on a roll over here with these outfit posts!  I always get so happy when I am able to be consistent with these.  Clearly, there are no fashion revelations over here, and frankly, I don't even know if you find any inspiration here, but it makes me so happy to find things in my closet that I really enjoy wearing.  I haven't bought any new clothes in a while, and even though I am just itching to get more dresses and fun pieces in my closet, these outfit posts really cause me to take a good inventory of what I have, to be thankful for it and to find new ways to wear it.  


Conversely, they also help me take note of the things I don't wear often so that I can get rid of them or donate them elsewhere.  There's certainly no sense in hoarding them in my closet if they're not being used.  


I wore this one to work.  I work in an office and things are pretty casual in the summer.  (Actually, things are pretty casual year round, but especially in the summer because it is so HOT around here.)

This is one of my favorite, basic skirts from a local thrift store (also seen here as proof that it really works all seasons long!).  It's paired with an embellished tank top from several (at least 3) years ago and a cardigan sweater from my parents one Christmas.  The shoes literally cost me about $2 off the clearance rack at Kohl's last summer with Kohl's cash.
So, I guess that counts as thrifty, too, right?




6 comments:

  1. You look so cute!! I love your sandals! Keep the outfit posts comin' girl. :)

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute casual look! I really like the details on your cardigan and top. The orange looks so great with your khaki skirt and white top!

    Jennie
    http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been itching to go shopping myself, but i'm trying to remix what i have in the closet and come up with a new outfit to avoid shopping. don't you love it finding the right pieces that go well together? :) i love this casual look for the office! :) <3

    would love to invite you to link up as well! --
    Rhea, Et Cetera - Style to Inspire

    happy wednesday!
    rhea | Rhea, Et Cetera

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that outfit! I need to get more skirts to wear to work, especially since you can wear them in summer and winter.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)