Monday, August 18, 2014

10 Minute grilled salmon filets - cook from frozen

There are times when I try new things in the kitchen specifically with the hopes of creating something delicious and blog-worthy.  And then there are times when I want something healthy and delicious, but I need it pronto.  Just every now and then, those little gems find their way to blog-land.  

Today, I'm happy to be sharing one of those recipes with y'all.  Grilled salmon filets - cooked from frozen in just about 10 minutes.  


Somebody hold the phone.  Did I just say 10 minutes?  Yes, yes I did.  And it was eaten in less than that.  ;)

I keep these frozen salmon filets on hand for times when I need something quick and usually when hubs is out for some reason or another since he doesn't like seafood (although sometimes I will cook a meal, and make salmon just for me...)

For this beautiful piece of salmon, you'll need a frozen filet (I buy the individually wrapped ones in the freezer section of the grocery store), and a non-stick pan.  


INGREDIENTS
1 salmon filet
2 tsp  olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp basil
1 pinch salt and black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Heat non-stick pan on medium heat
Rinse frozen salmon well in warm/hot water to remove any ice 
Gently coat with olive oil and lemon juice
Place in heated pan
Cook for 5 minutes* on each side, sprinkling each side with 1/2 salt, pepper, and basil

Enjoy.  Preferably with kale chips for a lovely light lunch, but hat's just how I like it.  


*Cook time may vary based on the temp of your pan.  It's important to make sure salmon filet isn't frozen hard when you start cooking.  Test for done-ness (see above for the slit I cut in my filet to be sure it was done all the way through).  Don't eat under cooked seafood.  

3 comments:

  1. I love fish, but my husband doesn't, so I tend to cook it when he's gone too. This is such an easy way to cook it, I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love salmon...so yummy!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Leigh! I just wanted to let you know that I invited you to participate in the Tour Through Blogland next Monday. You can check out my post here: http://bit.ly/1uooYqz

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)