Monday, August 4, 2014

Paddle boarding - a new little adventure

When was the last time you tried something new?  For me, it's easy to get into a routine and forget to be adventurous every now and then.  A couple weekends ago, I was able to take a trip down to the coast with a couple friends from college for a fun girls weekend.


Our itinerary for the entire weekend included iced coffee, the beach, and good food.  Not too shabby.  We also got to paddle boarding.  E goes as often as she can with her sisters, I think, but AH and I had never been.  Frankly, I had just never considered it.  It looked kind of cool, but also kind of nerve wracking to be completely honest.  

But, I sure was not going to sit on the dock while the girls went out on the inlet.  (And this is a good thing considering that I had unknowingly at the time, forgotten to put any sunscreen on my back)  And so, I picked up the little paddle and hopped in.  


And it was really fun.  I would by no means consider myself "good" at paddle boarding.  I am not fast and there were definitely times where I just knew that the wind was going to float me right in the opposite direction I was trying to go.  

But, I had been paddle boarding.  I was so happy to learn a new thing and to not be terrible at it.  I loved being on the water and when I came home, I definitely asked hubs if we could put paddle boarding on our next family vacation.  

3 comments:

  1. hey - you're standing up, so i say you are good at paddle boarding! lol, i doubt i could even do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...you're braver than I am! :) Looks like you had fun!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for trying something new! Paddle boarding looks fun, but I've never tried it either. One of my co-workers does it all the time and loves it. I think I need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)