Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thrift Tip: Wal-Mart Savings Catcher

Over here in the Thrift for Today house, we are always on the lookout for practical ways to save money on things that we buy regularly.  Today, I'm excited to share a new tool that we've begun to use recently and are already seeing savings from.  

Walmart has a new program called, "Savings Catcher".  They've always participated in price match programs, but frankly, I have never been good at the price match program, largely because it depends on my research and time to pull competitor's ads and sales circulars.  (This is also why I'm not that great at couponing...yet.  I do really want to learn this one day.)

Source

With Savings Catcher, Walmart does the price match work for you.  So, how does it work?  

Essentially, if you buy your groceries at Walmart, you simply need to create a free account either online or with your smartphone app.  We use the online version since we enter our receipt info when we reconcile our expenses for our budget.  

When you shop for groceries, simply login and enter your receipt number online and Walmart scans local competitor's ads for identical products to ensure the lowest price.  For any items that you purchased where there was a lower price by a competitor, Walmart credits you the difference in the form of a eGiftcard.  

So far, we haven't had any trouble with it, and even though Walmart doesn't credit you back cash, we can definitely find things that we would regularly buy to spend the eGiftcard on...school supplies, anyone?!  Shampoo?  

I am really excited about this program.  It is definitely worth the few minutes it takes to enter your receipt number.  

Have you used this tool before?  What has been your experience?  

Happy savings, my friends!
*This post is my own and is not sponsored in any way by Walmart Stores. 


2 comments:

  1. You know, I recently saw this and wanted to try it, but I didn't have enough free space on my phone, so I forgot about it. I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so handy. I definitely feel like you and I don't do my research. I've gotten blessed by being at the right place at the right time where a customer might see me looking at something and will tell me a price is lower somewhere else or the cashier. I just might need to sign up for this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Creative Style Linkup!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)