Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cheesecake cookies

How's that for some alliteration?!  But in all seriousness, it has been WAY TOO LONG since I've whipped up a batch of cookies and frankly, it was about time.

I originally saw these cookies on pinterest, where all yummy things seem to get their start around here. These cookies are soft and fluffy, cheesecake in cookie form with a sweet chocolate dipped bottom.


The original recipe for these cookies is on one of my new favorite blogs, Yellow Bliss Road.  For my cookies though, I halved the recipe, which ended up making 18 cookies.,,just enough for us.    

INGREDIENTS
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup butter (room temperature...I actually just heated mine in the microwave for 10 sec. to soften)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (plus a tiny bit extra because I love it)
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a hand mixer to mix cream cheese and butter together in a large mixing bowl. 
Add sugar and mix until smooth.
Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. 
Add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix until smooth.  
Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are barely golden.  
Move cookies to a cooling rack.  Allow to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.

CHOCOLATE DIP
To create the chocolate dip, I used chocolate flavored almond bark candy coating and followed the melting instructions on the package.  Once cookies have cooled, simply dip the bottoms into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.  

I moved the wax paper with cookies into the fridge for about 5 minutes to allow chocolate to set and harden.  


Enjoy!  And for the original recipe and other great fun things, be sure to check out Yellow Bliss Road!

5 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! YUM!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look AMAZING! Definitely pinning these to make soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing! Hopped over from Inspire Me Please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake COOKIES?! I may have just died and gone to heaven. Cheesecake is my favorite. But it's not as easy to make as cookies. I can't wait to try this recipe!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! This looks delicious! Thank you for linking with us at Home Matters Linky!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)