Saturday, September 6, 2014

Hey! I miss you!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you think about someone and realize, "Man, it has been so long since I've seen them!"?

I recently had several of those moments actually.  I've got a big(ish) family.  There are 4 of us kids all within 5 years apart (the youngest are twins, so it's not that crazy).  I'm the oldest, so I left home first and at this point, everyone is out on their own, doing their own thing.  

My brother called me from college recently with a quick question and after I got off the phone, I realized that I haven't had a chance to visit with him since May.  And it seems like so long.  He had an internship in a different state this summer so he wasn't home before going back to college.  So, we talk on the phone, but I don't think it's the same as sharing a couch.   

And it's been even longer than that since all of us were together.  And I just miss them sometimes.  


Hubs and I did make it down to the beach over Labor Day weekend though, and we had the extreme privilege of driving my bros-in-law.  And I've got to be honest, when the last of them got in the car, I was so happy at having us all together.  

I really have one of the greatest families....both of them - in laws included. 

And I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to have everyone in the same place.  

The weather is getting colder though and that means the holiday season is coming up...aka everyone off work and out of school and relaxing together.  

That's all I have to say about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)