Friday, October 24, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Another week in the books and another high five for Friday...only I won't high five you today because I've got a seriously yucky cold and I cannot stop blowing my nose.  Well, I can, but then it's stopped up or it itches, or I sneeze and it's gross.  But, I've had a great week aside from that and I'm excited to share the highlights!

ONE - sweet friends and new babes.
No, we don't have babes yet, but we did get to celebrate a couple from our Bible study who is expecting and is due in less than one month!  A very happy Thanksgiving gift for them!  Anyway, I got to help host a shower for them this week and I made these sweet and simple little party favors.  They were a hit.

I just used favor bags with ties, cut out cardstock for the tags and stuck on scrapbooking onesies to be special.  Easy peasy.



TWO - apples.  
I know it's pumpkin season, and I do love pumpkin things.  But apples also remind me of fall and the smell of them baking in the house...with some cinnamon...yuummmmm!  

I made a super duper apple crumble this week and I'll be sharing it with y'all soon so be on the lookout!

THREE - an awesome mail day.
I'm affiliated with a review company called Influenster and recently had the opportunity to try and review Herbal Essences new Naked line.  And a few months later, I got the full size items on my little front door step.  I do love some good old customer appreciation.  Also, if you haven't heard of influenster and you'd like to learn more, check them out here.

FOUR - meal planning.
Or really, meals prepared ahead of time.  Hubs was busy on Sunday afternoon last weekend, so I made all of our meals for the week and put them in their own little lunch tupperwares and dinner tupperwares for reheating/the final touches throughout the week.  Quesadilla night was by far my fave!  I had already cooked the meat, so I just needed to throw it on the stovetop with the tortilla shells, cheese, and avocado.  I can't promise to do this every week, but it sure has helped us this week. 


FIVE - sinex and tissue boxes.  
Wish I was kidding about that one.  

We've got a super duper fun weekend planned though, so I'm ready for this cold to cut it out.  

Hope you & your's are happy & healthy!  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I have been a member of Influenster for a while and it is SO awesome to be able to try and review products; you were selected for a great box. I am like you, I love apples in the fall; their my favorite. You just inspired an idea for me though; what about baking apple crisp with pumpkin in it too?!!??! Ha! It may be good?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little popcorn favors are super cute. You're a sweet friend! I can't wait to see the apple crumble recipe because I love anything apple this time of year. I hope you start feeling better and have a great weekend.

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read about your apple crumble! It's apple season too :) Those ready to pop gift bags you made are adorable!! Perfect DIY for a shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh that is a great influenster box!!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ready to pop bags are so adorable! Such a great idea. I received the Herbal Essences kit from Influenster too! I was so excited to get those full size products to use :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)