Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Paper bunting - tutorial

I made a fun paper craft and it was so easy and I cannot believe it's taken me this long to try it out.

Paper bunting.  Who knew it was so painless, quick, and easy?  Well, it is and I'm sharing with you step by step today so you will know it's true.


The first thing you want to do is gather your supplies, which if you're like me, you've got lying around the house already and hubs is so happy to see you using them for something. 

Supplies:
Scrapbook paper (12x12)
Scissors
A pencil
A paper cutter
String
Gluestick


Next, fold your paper in half and the cut in half to make little squares like the one below.  


Next, you want to draw your triangles.  I recommend using pencil and a ruler and drawing them on the inside of the paper.  


Use your scissors to cut the triangles out and take a minute to admire them all on your floor.


Put your string in the fold of the triangle and use a glue stick to glue both sides of the paper down.  You can also use glue dots for this, but I'd be careful about liquid glue.  Especially if you're working on the carpet like I tend to do.  


And there you go!  Aren't they precious?!


I actually made these for a baby shower, but these ended up being too long, so I made separate buntings with the words "Mom" and "Dad" for the chairs of the parents to be.  Of course, I kept the too long one at our house because I was so happy with how it turned out.  

Has a project ever surprised you with how easy it is?  

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Love that these are so easy to do. I have some scrapbook paper left over from our Pinterest party, so I'll have to make one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so simple, and it looks so great! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaah!!! I LOVE making buntings, but I made them differently. Your way is SO much simpler. I love the patterns as well! I'm going to have to save this as a reminder to make them the easier way. I'll be making some for every holiday this year now. My husband will love this. Haha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)