Monday, October 6, 2014

Review: Venus embrace sensitve #itsnotme

*The products in this post were provided to me free of charge from Influenster.  The opinions are all my own.  

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I am super pumped to be sharing a review of Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive razor, which happily found its way to my door stop via Influenster.  I was SO excited for this box because not only is my skin crazy sensitive, but my hair is also really coarse, which means I have to shave basically everyday or I'm likely to get razor burn or little knicks on my legs...no fun.  

I'm always looking around for the best razors to keep my legs and underarms soft and smooth while minimizing the likelihood of redness and burn.  


I've actually been using this razor for a full week at this point so that I would be able to write a helpful review.  The razor itself was packaged with the razor and 2 cartridges, which I appreciated.  It's got 5 blades and aloe vera to be extra soft on your skin.  

Overall, I really liked the razor.  My legs have been nice and smooth all week long.I haven't had razor burn and not a single little cut.  I also really like the suction cup holder that sticks on the shower wall to hold the razor...it's the little things, right?  

And, as a side note and little #thrifttip (because you know I like to be thrifty), if you already have a venus razor, you can interchange the cartridges - so just get the embrace sensitive blades - easy peasy!  

The only thing I didn't like about the razor was how skinny the razor handle was.  I wish it was a little bit wider and easier to hold.  Frankly, when the handle is so skinny, it feels more like holding a disposable razor, which is not how I want it to feel when I buy a razor.  That said, this size seems pretty standard for lots of razors, so it might not be an issue for you.  

Overall, like I said - the embrace sensitive definitely holds up to its promise of a close shave and worked great on my sensitive skin.  

I would recommend it to a friend for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)