Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tour through blogland

Y'all.  It's October.  It is already October and I don't know about you, but I am obsessed with the cooler weather this time of year.  Okay...I'm obsessed with the low humidity and the cool mornings/nights.  I still really love the warm sunshine in the afternoons and I'm not that excited about winter because I definitely do not love cold weather.  

Today though, I want to follow up on a fun little project that I was tagged in exactly one month ago by my fun blog friend, Melanie over at Melanie Gets Married [check her out!]  Some of my favorite recent projects are her fall fabric balls and this fun, sparkly garland!

Anyway, the tour through blogland is essentially another meet the blogger questionnaire, which I know you all just love.  But in all seriousness, this post from Melanie was just the thing I needed to get back to snapping photos and thinking of blog content, so I wanted to do it!  So here goes!


I think my little "about me" blurb over there on the right really says it all.  I'm first a follower of Christ.  Secondly, I am the wife to that handsome man right above.  I am a daughter and a sister and a friend.  I work full time and blog on the side so the blogging, although I try to be consistent, is sometimes sporadic and is always about whatever I'm doing or thinking about at that time.

1. What am I working on?
Oh, you know a little of this and a little of that.  I try to try out at least two new [to me] recipes/month and when they're yummy and I remember to take photos, I share them.  In terms of home projects, we're hoping to be able to get down to the beach in the next few months to start some projects there.  We're working on some serious tree trimming in the yard and hope to reseed this fall, and I think we might re-do the garage in 2015....I know that seems far out, but I need to think through these things.  I also want to start reworking on my wardrobe....cue a few fall outfit posts in the works...

In terms of my life, I'm trying to become a morning person so that I can be more regular with my quiet times, more fruits and veggies and more physical fitness.

2.  How is my blog different from others of its genre?  
Not totally sure.  I blog about a little of this and a little of that, so maybe that's different?

3.  Why do I write about the things I do?
Because I want to?  Is that too straightforward?  Honestly, I write about things that I enjoy and that I hope you'll enjoy also.  I write about things that are fun or that I've found particularly helpful.  I write sometimes about things I just think as a way to process them.  I write about these things because I think that writing is good for you.  It's a good way to keep track of things you've done and also to help you think through things.

4. How does my creative process work?
It starts with me remembering to take photos.  And it ends with me turning on the computer to edit said photos and get them out there on the blog.  I work full time and we are often on the go, so recently it's been tough to even want to turn on the computer once we settle in at night.  I also rely on hubs to some degree to help me think of content.  He reads the blog regularly and helps me remember when I haven't posted in a while, he gives me constructive criticism when it's needed, and he is AWESOME at thinking of content ideas.

And that's that, friends.

I'm tagging Ericka over at This Crazy Thing Called Life to join me in this fun little tour through blogland.  Seriously check out her blog.  It's awesome.  And she and her husband have a pretty cute pup, too.  :)






1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me :) I actually just did this post not too long ago, but thanks for thinking of me! Can't wait to see your fall outfit posts...and hopefully some recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)