Monday, November 3, 2014

Coffee Talk - Weekending

When I was in graduate school, I worked a couple of part time jobs - it sounds like a lot and it was, but frankly, it wasn't the worst thing ever to have gaps of time off during the week between jobs or school.  And, if I could choose a day/morning to have off, it would have been Monday.  And if I was in a place to have Monday mornings off again, I would invite you over for coffee and catch up on our weekends.  (Because if I have Monday off, I hope you do, too.)

But I don't have Monday off, so I hope you'll just imagine with me.


I'd make some lattes (at home because it's more thrifty) for us to start.  (regular coffee, sugar, french vanilla flavored syrup and skim milk whisked in a small bowl until foamy)

I would tell you how I had such a great weekend.  On Friday, when I woke up, I felt like a whole new person.  I've mentioned before how I was fighting a cold for the last week and then Thursday night, I went to bed early, didn't wake up with a stuffed nose the entire night and felt great on Friday morning.  It's amazing what vitamin C and extra sleep will do for you when you're cold is a week old.  It was also pay-day, so I really felt like singing the whole day because it was that great.  

I would tell you about how we went trick-or-treating with kids of some good friends of ours and loved seeing them have such a fun time.  We got back home in time to catch the last bit of trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood and then headed to Chipotle for $3 boo-ritos before going to a party with some friends.  We didn't take photos of our costumes though because after a long week, I wasn't feeling too creative and literally wrapped a twin sheet around myself toga-style and called it a night.  


I would also tell you how I did 5 loads of laundry on Saturday before making the yummy apple crumble in the photo above.  (Recipe coming on Wednesday!!)  Then, I'd ask if you wanted some since there is a little bit left over.  You would and I'd be happy to share.  :)  

Later on Saturday, we went to another friends house and visited with friends that we hadn't seen in ages.  And that was so fun.  

Now it's getting colder.  There was a freeze warning last night and we finally gave in a turned our heat on.  I really love the smell when the furnace first turns on for the season, and I like the cool weather, but I can't handle it when it gets so cold.  I don't like it - not even one little bit, but I'm looking forward to the holiday season, decorating and keeping candles lit all. the. time.  

And it's Monday.  I think work will be pretty busy this week.  Busy, but not bad and I'm thankful for my job so I really can't complain too much.  

By now, we probably need to get going because we can't just drink coffee all day long.  

Thanks for sharing with me this morning!  I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start!  


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this apple crumble recipe it looks yummy!

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your wrote this post and sounds like you had a really great weekend!! Can't wait for the apple crumble recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have coffee some time :) That apple crumble looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)