Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fall time apple crumble

Fall is for pumpkins, I think.  But I also really just love fresh apples.  I love the smell of apples baking with cinnamon on top.  I actually came home recently and hubs had apples and cinnamon boiling on the stove top to get our home smelling warm and cozy and I just loved it.  

We had some extra apples in the fridge this past week and so I went to my trusty idea source, Pinterest to find a great apple pie recipe.  Instead I found this recipe for apple crumble, and I already had all of the ingredients in the pantry, so I opted for a crumble instead...only hubs doesn't love sweets so I halved the recipe.  I'm sharing the half recipe here today.  (I also cooked these in 2 small corningware dishes for individual servings)


INGREDIENTS
3 golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced into chunks
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/2 cup flour

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray two individual corningware dishes 
Peel, core, and cut apples - pile into dishes
In a small bowl, mix butter, flour, cinnamon, and sugar until crumb mixture
Pile crumbs on top of apples
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown 


Feel free to also serve with vanilla ice cream.  Or caramel drizzle (see original recipe here).  


Seriously so good.  I highly recommend this little treat.  Maybe a Thanksgiving dessert?




4 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks perfect for a cool, fall evening! and pretty simple too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple crumble has always been a favorite of mine, and I love the sound of your recipe! I saw this over on the Wednesday Roundup and I would love to invite you to share this (and anything else you'd like!) over on the Pure Blog Love link party at http://picnicnz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy. And a perfect dessert for fall! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)