Sunday, January 4, 2015

Blogging for no one...again (and other goals for the new year)

Almost 2 years ago, I had a little coming back to the blog.  It was February 2013 and I wrote this post about what I called then, "blogging for no one".  In it, I talked a little about the journey of the blog, and how I wanted to get back into it, but slowly...just writing about things that I wanted to write about.

And if I'm honest, 2013 was THE YEAR for this old blog.  I learned so much that year.  I made so many great bloggy friends, had really consistent posts, and had an awesome time keeping it up.  And then in 2014, I still wanted to keep it up, but frankly, I became less consistent.  I got a new job.  We picked up other social activities.  Hubs got a new job.  And especially in the last half of the year, I didn't even want to turn the computer on when I got home from work, much less turn it on to write meaningful things that people would read.



But, I really did love it.  And so, I'm back where I started if you will - blogging for no one...again.  I've actually got several things I'd like to share.  (We've actually had a gingerbread house themed party, two weddings, and a newly painted laundry room ALL in December...well, the laundry room was Saturday night, but still.)  I've been taking photos when I remembers and I have thought of so many things I'd like to talk about on Thrift for Today, but just haven't at at the computer long enough to write them out.


In fact, I got this nifty little planner from Target just before the new year, and I've written down several personal goals for the year, which I'm hoping will help keep me on track.  I used to live by my handwritten planner, and have gotten out of the habit of keeping up with one.


The moral of the story though, is that I have it now, and I've made a list of several of my personal goals for the year.  So, since I'm here, I might as well share the list with you...because what good is telling you about the list if I don't tell you the list, am I right?

2015 Goals

Have a daily quiet time.  I'd really like to read the Bible through this year, but for the goal, I thought it was important to clarify how I'd like to do that - through daily time in the Word.  

Get to the gym at least 3 times/week.  Because I really just have to.  I know this will come as a huge shock, but your body changes when you go from being really active to working full time at a desk Monday through Friday.  It doesn't happen all at once, and frankly, it's easy to avoid and just try to eat healthier.  The fact is though, my body needs exercise and it needs it yesterday.  I joined a gym less than a mile away from our house the week before Christmas, and I've been pretty consistently going...except that we've been out of town since New Year's Eve.  But I'm hoping to get back there this week.  

Blog at least twice/week.  Again, this seems so simple.  Start I blog, I thought.  Write my feelings, I thought.  Except sometimes it is just hard.  I was doing a consistent MWF routine in 2013, but that just go to be too much last year.  I'm hoping that I can get back into it this year, but for now, twice/week seems realistic to me (although I'm hopeful that some weeks might have a bonus feature).  
Read at least 4 books.  That's one/season so that should be realistic.  A girl's got to have some non-screen time right?  Also, I'm open to your suggestions for books.  

Those are realistic, right?  I've also got a list of goals for the house (painting the laundry room was on that list), and hubs and I will be sitting down in the coming weeks to create our family goal list of things we'd like to accomplish as a family.  

So there it is.  Post one of the new year.  For you, if you're following along.  For no one, if you're not.  And for me, because I like to write. 

Happy New Year glitter
Source

12 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Sunday's Best. I can relate to everything that you've said. I was inconsistent with my blog for years, but 2014 I was determined to turn that around and I did. I hope to continue down that path in 2015, but like you I have a list of things that I want to accomplish as well. Getting healthy, exercising, spending more time with family and doing some of the things I love. I've also learned to set priorities, and not be so hard on myself if I have to change them. I love this post, it's nice to know there are others who are struggling with this thing called life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda - You are so kind! It can be tough! I have really enjoyed keeping up with the blog, but there are some times where other things just have to come first. And I think that's ok. Here's to a new year, right?

      I hope you're off to a great start!

      Delete
  2. happy to see you again! i just jumped over here minutes before you posted to revisit your link party list which I remembered is so great :) happy new year! sounds like some great goals for 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay! You have NO IDEA how grateful I am for your comment! I love following along on your blog so much! I'm glad that you stopped by! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great list for this year! I am also starting to keep a notebook to jot down blog ideas and notes. Going to the gym is also on my list.

    Consider me a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dee! I somehow got away from writing things down at home, so I am excited to get back in that routine! I'm happy to return the follow favor and look forward to reading your blog!

      Delete
  5. I just bought a planner from Target too! one of my favorite things to do! I agree about writing for no one. That's something I lost site of last year and kinda got irritated with blogging. So I'm gonna join ya on that journey! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear we'll have you back! I totally know what you mean though. As much as I love blogging, sometimes it does get exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! You are rocking it over on your blog though! Happy new year!

      Delete
  7. I couldn't agree more with your goals for 2015. (especially the gym one for me...oops)
    What is the point of blogging if you aren't doing it for fun? Blogging for no one and really enjoying the process is what it is all about. :) Happy New Year, gal!

    xo,
    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kylie! Here's to a new year, huh? It's funny how it can be so difficult to go to the gym regularly even though (at least for me), you feel so much better when you do!

      Delete
  8. Great post and good luck with your 2015 goals. I love the "read atleast 4 books" part. I listen to a lot of audio books when I am cleaning or driving...you might want to try that as well. Thanks for linking up to On Display Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)