Friday, June 12, 2015

5 on Friday

Y'all.  3 posts in a week.  Am I blogging again?   I'm super excited to feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things here on the blog and even more excited to be sharing my top 5 this week!  It's getting warmer and more and more like summer.  Things are busy as ever over here, but fun as always and I'm happy to have blog world back in my life!  I'm linking up today with ChristinaAprilDarciNatasha , Amanda over at Meet @ the Barre and Karli with September Farm. for Friday 5 and Friday Favorites.  

1. Productivity
I've been feeling so productive around home these days.  Hubs and I always have a goals list and house updates we'd like to make list, but the day-to-day gets jumbled up sometimes.  About a week ago, we created a google doc with all of our random tasks that need to be done - the day to day, mundane things that we really need to get done.  It has been super nice to have and has really been keeping us on track.  We can easily see what needs to be done and work together to get things done without having to repeat the list to one another multiple times.  
15 Simple Moves That Will Change Your Career #refinery29  http://www.refinery29.com/work-life-productivity-tips#slide1  1. Get specific about your goals and keep them visible.  Julie got into the business after realizing how chaotic her own life was. "It was chaos. I always lost things, and I lived out of piles — it was just a mess." But, when her daughter was born, she realized, "'I can do this to myself, but I can’t do it to another human being.'" That's the crux of her No. 1 tip: Always ...
Source

2.  This lamp shade. 
As a part of our productivity, we've started moving things around in the house to prep for the babe.  
One thing that means is that the future nursery looks much like a storage area, but I was able to start and finish a fun little craft project with this lamp that we actually got from a friend who was moving out of their apartment a couple of years ago and I'm excited that it is going to have a new little home in babe's nursery.  

3.  This cheesecake. 
I made my very first cheesecake recently and I think that's really all I need to say about that.  It was delicious and I'm excited to share the recipe I used with y'all soon!

4.  The beach.  
Hubs and I have been to the beach a couple of times this summer so far and we're planning a few more trips down hopefully really soon. 


5.  Babymoon.  I could be on vacation with hubs over and over again.  Parts 2 and 3 are coming up on the blog next week!  We had a blast and I'm excited to be able to share our vacation with y'all!!

Also, this week seems like it has flown by.  We're spending time with friends this weekend and it's sure to be a fun time.  

What fun things are you up to this summer?  

3 comments:

  1. Trying to get as much done as I can but yet soak up some Summer sun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that! Weekends are such a balance aren't they - we need to be productive enough, but still get in some quality R&R!

      Delete
    2. I heard that! Weekends are such a balance aren't they - we need to be productive enough, but still get in some quality R&R!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)