Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Babymoon: Part 3 - Cozumel

Our second port of call for our vacation was to Cozumel, Mexico.  I was super pumped about this since we'd gone to Cancun on our honeymoon and had an absolute ball.  I knew that Cozumel would be different since we'd be there only for the day and not for a full week, but I was happy happy happy to get back to Mexico.  


We booked a shorter excursion to tour Mayan ruins at San Gervasio.  We went to Chichen Itza on our honeymoon and it was by far a highlight of the trip.  We just really love walking around old places and learning new things.  Had I not been pregnant, I would have opted to go into the mainland all day to tour Tulum, but it wasn't recommended that I take up that hike and I was happy to follow safety precautions for the babe.  Next time though...


San Gervasio ended up being really great though.  Our tour guide was excellent and the site was really well preserved.  There is enough walking to feel like you've had an active day, but it was something that I could easily do and our group was pretty mixed in terms of ages and everyone seemed to have a really good time.  


The weather was perfect for exploring also.  It was really overcast and even lightly sprinkling rain on and off.  I walked around comfortably without an umbrella, but I was thankful for my light weight sweater in the morning for sure.  I don't think the people with all day beach excursions loved the weather, but it was perfect for our excursion.  Cool and comfortable.




After we left the ruins, our tour guide took us to a local beach where we got to spend some time in the hammocks, walk around, and just enjoy being on the beach.  And I found this cute little sign on the side of the road.  We didn't see horses, nor did we go horseback riding, but I thought the bright colors were so festive and vacation like.  It looks like a postcard to me.  


And of course, the beach was beautiful.  Everywhere we went, I loved to see the different shades of blue, green, and turquoise out on the ocean.  It's incredible to me to really stop and think about the ocean - it's really magnificent - like a whole other world under there.  





And of course once we got back, we showered and got ready for dinner.  Somehow, we didn't get a ton of photos on the ship, since we spent our time playing trivia, eating, and laying out by the pool.  We did manage to get one good shot of both of us though on our last night.  


We actually drove all the way home once we got back from Tampa instead of breaking our trip up.  I like travelling more slowly on the way, but once vacation is over, I was ready to get back home.  

We truly had a wonderful little babymoon.  Even though we were only at week 20, it felt like a big last hoorah while it's just the two of us.  Next week, I think I'll write a post of cruise travel tips both in general and while pregnant with some of the things I forgot about from our first cruise and learned on this cruise.  But for now, I'm just basking in the memories of our vacation and thinking about getting in the pool this weekend.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)