Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekending: Mountain Vacation for the 4th

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing 4th!  We certainly did.  Both hubs and I were off work on Friday, so we headed out Thursday night after work to get up to the mountains to meet hubs' family.

It's a few hours of a drive, but not a bad one by any means and frankly, after a couple of weeks without AC, I was excited for some cooler mountain air.


We spent almost the whole day on Friday outdoors.  We went caving - a walking cave tour - my pregnant tummy doesn't quite allow me to do much climbing and/or squeezing into tight spaces.  Then we went on a short little hike to visit these beautiful falls.  I think I could have sat out here for hours.  The water was so peaceful and just wonderful to be near.  There are actually several different views you could hike to, but we let the fam hike ahead after just one to avoid over exertion.  No complaints though.



Saturday, we went to a local parade and had a pretty traditional 4th celebration complete with the parade, catching and eating a lot of candy and walking around the park watching fun festival games.  We got to watch the sack races, wheel barrow races, and three legged races.  We didn't participate, but we sure loved the entertainment.  


Afterwards, we spent lots of time walking around the park.  It was truly a beautiful day and an absolute blast of a weekend.  



30 weeks, still hiking strong.  :)

12 comments:

  1. So much fun in nature for you this weekend! Hope you have a great start to your week!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a wonderful time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I thought the same thing!! It was really beautiful!

      Delete
  3. You all had such beautiful scenery on your hike! Glad you all had such a good holiday weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I loved all of the scenery and the cooler weather! It was a great time!

      Delete
  4. Those photos are gorgeous. Go you for being 30 weeks & still hiking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm definitely trying to get in all the activity I still can these days, that's for sure!

      Delete
  5. What gorgeous scenery! Look at you go still hiking! Get it!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm definitely doing what I can! :)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fantastic weekend! And what a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really wonderful!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)