Monday, September 14, 2015

On decorating the nursery

One the things I was most excited for during our pregnancy was decorating the nursery.  Basically as soon as we found out we were having a boy, I grabbed the alligator canvas prints up from Home Goods and just knew that we would have an alligator themed nursery.  I didn't want to repaint the walls, since we had just painted them about a year ago and they are a neutral enough color that I really liked.  

But, then I saw that sweet little whale canvas in Hobby Lobby and loved it too and I didn't want to get rid of our map on the wall, so I ended up just filling the nursery with things that I liked rather than just one theme.  


And to be honest, I prefer it that way (notice all our college pictures still on the wall...).  I love all the bright colors and that we won't end up with tons of themed things to change out once the baby grows bigger.  The result?  Not so pinterest-esque, but totally warm and comfy like the rest of our home, so we like it.  :)


And we finished it without spending a ton.  The crib is actually the one I slept in, just cleaned up, the bookshelf was already in the room with lots of books from our own childhoods plus some new books from friends, a lamp that was an old college friend's, etc.  



I wasn't going to even use a changing table to begin with.  I thought I would rather buy a used dresser that the babe could grow into and keep post-diapers.  But then a friend was moving out of state and was getting rid of her changing table.  So, welcome home, little changing table. We will save the dresser shopping for another day.  The rocker was from Craiglist (I want to get new cushions that are more fluffy, but that is a project for another day...or weekend with my mother in law or other artsy friend).  


  I am just in love.  Even though we ended up using mostly things we had or were given to us second-hand, I really love how it turned out and I'm thankful that we did not spend a small fortune on it.


I can't wait to spend time in here loving on and playing with our little one.  We will make so many memories.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Map and Alligator! So stinking cute. Any day now, right?! I couldn't be more excited for you!

    xo!
    Kylie
    roseandcoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes - anyday! Our official due date was Saturday, so we are on standby! Excited to meet our little guy!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I love what you did with the nursery… especially that cute three print above the crib!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As soon as I found out we were having a boy, I bought that piece! I love it so much!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)