Thursday, October 15, 2015

Daydreaming about fall fashion

Stopping by today to share some of what I've been pinning lately while on maternity leave.  More substantial posts are to come (our birth story, life after becoming parents thus far, etc.), but those take lots of thought and time to put together.  And so today, I'm sharing this little post of what's also been on my mind lately while up in the middle of the night, or taking a shower in the wee hours while everyone is still sleeping.  Or just daydreaming about going to Starbucks easily and getting a venti basically anything vanilla (or caramel) latte - I'm not a huge pumpkin coffee girl...

I am getting a real itch to update my wardrobe.  This happens every year and this year it is happening even more since I've been in maternity clothes for so long.  That said, I'm not ready to splurge just yet on a totally revamped wardrobe since my body is still in its very new post-babe state and I haven't been out of the house for more than a couple of hours at a time.  

I'm looking forward to unpacking my old clothes though and getting rid of things I don't love to make room for updated things whenever I take the leap.

That certainly hasn't stopped me from pinning away all the things that I love about fall fashion.

Favorite Wardrobe Basics for Fall and Winter by @Amy Lyons Lyons Lyons Lyons Lyons Johnson / She Wears Many Hats:
Source
I love everything in this one.  Every single thing. 



As I'm thinking about updating my closet, I've been really interested in seasonal "capsule wardrobes" where you basically only buy the essentials for a given season and then create multiple outfits with those pieces to keep your closet from filling up with random things.





jillgg's good life (for less) | a style blog: the mom wardrobe essentials! (winter edition):
Source
Some of the overarching things I'm loving on all of these boards that are definitely on my to-watch for list:

Staples that I want to buy:
- Puffy vest.  I used to have one and loved it. 
- Denim jacket.  
- Chambray top.  Seems crazy that I don't have one of these yet - but it's true and I want it.

Splurges that I want to wait on: 
- Awesome booties 

I actually got some leopard print slippers at a thrift store on vacation over the summer, which I'm excited to break out this fall and I pick up cardigans, loose fitting sweaters, and scarves like it's my job whenever I find them for a steal.  Of course, I'm crossing my fingers that my riding boots still fit. 

Has anyone else tried a capsule wardrobe?  Even if not, what are your go-to's for fall?   


1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely collection! I am one of those no-reply bloggers, however, I always welcome return visits and comments on my own blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)