Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 Goals: for my personal and blog life

Happy New Year [almost] a month late, my friends.  What a new year it has been.  So much has happened since this post last year where I shared my goals and plans for the new year.  Of course the biggest change from 2015 is that we are now a family of 3 (!!!)  So three cheers for that.  I am learning so much this year already as we adjust to our new roles as parents, going back to work, and taking care of a little.

Realizing it's a month after the fact, I'd like to share some of my personal and blogging goals for the new year - mostly because if I write them out on the internet, I'll keep them, right?  (right...)  And we're snowed in this weekend, so what better time to get back online?

Happy New Year glitter
Source

Thrift for Today Blog Goals for 2016
Really, there are just some basic things I would really like to take care of on the blog.  I've learned that while I like to post consistently (and I think that's important to growing the blog), this can be tricky since sometimes when we're living in the most blogworthy times, stopping to post about them can be tough.  So, with that, I'd like to accomplish the following on the blog this year:

1 - Create a new header.   And I'm open to your ideas about how to go about that.  I want something simple, but something pretty and not too flashy.

2 - Update our "home" photos.  Just because they are really outdated.  I mean, we have a nursery now.  And no more pink walls.

3 - Blog more consistently.  Maybe at least once a week.  I think I can. I think I can.  This is a really fun outlet and I love to keep up with what you all are doing also, so I would really love to get to work on this front.  I've got a few post ideas bouncing around in my head, but getting them down isn't always the easiest.



Personal Goals for 2016
Hubs and I always make a list of family goals at the start of each year, which I always enjoy and they are fun to work on together.  I also keep a separate list of personal goals that I keep in the back of my agenda each year.  Here is what I'd like to accomplish this year:

1 - Read at least 4 books.  I did this last year and ended up reading about 6 books.  Now that we have a little though, I think 4 goals (one a season) is a pretty fair goal.  Two of the books I'm most looking forward to are The Best Yes and Give Them Grace.  Hubs bought both of these for me for Christmas this year straight off of my wish list.

2 - Read the Bible through.  I didn't finish this last year and our church is reading though together this year, which has so far been helpful to keep up with.  It's especially helpful to know how much I should be reading each day to stay on target.

3 - Memorize Philippians.  Hubs and I want to memorize a book of the Bible this year and we picked this one.  We're about 8 verses in so far.

4 - Go to the gym at least twice per week.  This one is hard.  I was doing so well about 3 weeks ago - but it is tough to get the little taken care of, work, and also get out to the gym.  I'm leaving it though because ideally, I'd like to get out to the gym at least 3 times, but I think 2 times is more realistic (and I've been failing at this the last couple of weeks).

5 -  Create a better home organization/cleaning system and routine.  This is especially important to me now that we have a little and time is so precious.  Our house is pretty comfy, and I try not to stress about it being perfectly organized, but I sure do feel better when we have a little clutter and mess as we can.  And it is great to not get behind on cleaning.  I would like to develop a routine around here that maximizes and prioritizes our time together while still letting us keep an orderly home.


So there it is friends.  My lists for the year.  I think they are reasonable, but I know they will also take some work to stick to them and get them done. 


2 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I'm working on implementing a better housekeeping schedule this year too. :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort
    (I'm a NR blogger but there's a direct link to my blog) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Whitney! I enjoyed your cleaning schedule post! I'm going to have to adapt it to our home this year!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)