Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A[nother] leap year in review | What I Wore

Happy March, my friends!  I can't totally get my head around the fact that it is March already, but here we are and I am ready to embrace it and spring and flowers and sunshine and all the goodness that comes with this season!

This year is especially fun because it was leap year - which basically means a free day in the year.  And since hubs and I started dating 8 years ago on leap day, it's a super special day for us.  You may remember, if you so happened to be around 4 years ago, that on our first leap year anniversary, hubs planned a super awesome walk down memory lane for us.  If you don't remember, no worries.  Just catch up here.


This year things were a little different, but we still took the whole day off of work and still sent the little to his babysitter so we spent the whole day together to celebrate.  It was SO fun to get out of the house and the weather was PERFECT - high 60s with lots of sunshine.  


We started our day by all sleeping in a little late,  then we took the little to his babysitter.  After, we went to get a new car battery (romantic, I know, but the practical things gotta get done, too), then went to Home Goods to pick up lots of frames to work on a gallery wall I've been wanting to create on our stairwell.  (We had some professional photos taken, and we had to get rid of our living room gallery wall recently when we bought new bookshelves - more on that to come.)


It was so fun to be in Home Goods - one of my VERY favorite stores and just pick out frames that I liked for our wall.  Like truly, so fun.  Afterwards, we grabbed lunch at a BBQ place downtown - one of my favorite restaurants that we save for special occasions.  I had barbecue chicken, brisket, sweet potato fries, and mac and cheese.  I was not disappointed, but I was about 10 pounds heavier afterwards.  After that, we were able to come home, get the house cleaned and create our new little gallery wall and it makes me happy every time I look at it.  I'm excited to share with you all soon.  


And can we talk about how perfect this bright orange sweater is for transitioning seasons?  I picked it up on Black Friday from JCPenney by Stylus and fits like a dream - so comfy and casual and currently 50% off.  I'm also wearing my some of my favorite canvas kicks from Target (currently buy one get one 50% off!) and stretch skinny jeans from Target that I got pretty soon postpartum when I was protesting being stuck in maternity clothes, but not yet fitting into my old clothes just yet.  


It really was one of my favorite days recently.  This has truly been a leap year for the books.  I asked hubs what some of his highlights are from this leap year and he said, "all of it".  He's totally right.  We've gotten married, bought our first house, visited lots of fun places, gotten jobs and changed jobs, and most recently became parents to the most fun kid we could even dream of.  It's a beautiful life, I tell you and I'm thankful everyday for it.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and love it <3 So glad you had a great leap day. Have a lovely weekend!

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Edye! I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been in a Home Goods in a while. The only one that I know of here is so far away but I agree with you - I could wander around that store for hours looking at all the pretty decor. I really like that sweater. We were in JCPenney last weekend and they had some very cute knitted sweaters on sale. I regret not snagging one, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that! I think I've walked away from too many cute tops in that store! :)

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)