Thursday, March 17, 2016

Five on Friday: back in business

Happy Friday!  I am feeling good about le blog again, friends.  I realize that the posting still isn't back up to the frequency of its prime, but I am finally feeling good about writing and remembering to take photos of things and happenings in the day to day to share here.

So today, I'm glad to finally be able to jump back into the Five on Friday game with you all to share this week's top 5 in photos and storytelling.  I'm also linking up to lots of other fun top 5 groups today.  Those links are in the bottom of the post.

ONE.
Homemade pizza. We've been making pizza over here on the weekends pretty regularly these days.  We've been doing it so much so that I really prefer this to going out for pizza and it's becoming a fast go-to when I'm not sure what to cook, but need something quick.  The thing I mostly like about this is that you can really make it how you want it.  We have pepperoni a lot since it's the hub's fave, but every now and then we mix it up.  This week, it was bbq chicken pizza on the menu.  Yum in my tum  It was so delicious.  I'll have to share the details here in another post.



TWO. 
These canvas shoes from Target.  Last week, I posted a fun what I wore post where I shared some of my favorite canvas shoes that I especially like to wear this time of year.  Target was having a buy one get one 50% off sale, so I was able to pick up these fun coral sneakers and a new pair of navy since I'm not convinced that my old faithfuls are going to last for the whole season this year.  Do these shoes scream spring or what?!


THREE. 
Speaking of Spring,  everything is blooming around here and I just love it.  The sun is shining.  The birds are singing and I just want to play outside all day long.  Unfortunately all the blooming lends itself to lots and lots of pollen, but I'm not allergic, so fine. (hubs is allergic though, so we don't share the same affinity for this time of year.)

 

FOUR. 
Baby legs.   Babe turned 6 months old this week and I just can't even handle it sometimes.  Look at those chunky little legs!!  There is truly not one single day that goes by that I don't remember just how thankful I am to call this little mine.  He is growing and learning so much these days and I just want to soak it all up.  He LOVES to jump in his new (to us) jumperoo these days and we just love to hear his little giggles when he does. 



FIVE. 
Starting solid foods.  Speaking of being 6 months old and growing so fast, we've recently started the little on solid foods and he has loved it.  He's been having rice cereal since about 5 months (I really wanted to wait until 6 months, but he started waking all through the night hungry and our ped gave us the go ahead on cereal), avocado since 25 weeks and tried banana on his half birthday.  He's had the food both mashed up and solid and he loves it both ways.  We just love to watch him. 


In other news, we've started sleep training this week, the little is sitting up pretty well with some support, laughing all the time, and working so hard to learn to crawl.  Mama is in no rush and would be fine for him to stay little for a while longer, but still so proud to watch him grow.  

I also made a bracket for the NCAA basketball tournament.  I was going to share it here in advance, but I think I'll just share it after to see just how I did.  (I'll give you a hint - it's not looking great after night 1...)

Linking up
Five on Friday
That Friday Bloghop
High Five for Friday 
Oh Hey Friday
Friday Favorites
Friday Favorites
TFF

  H54F - A weekly link up, hosted by Cup of Tea, Bright on a Budget, Coffee with Caitlin & Della Devoted 

18 comments:

  1. I miss my baby's chuncky little legs. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love them so much! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those canvas shoes are super cute. I may just have to swing by Target myself. I've been looking for something cute but comfortable & my running shoes only fit one of those categories.

    I'm so conflicted about spring. I love the weather, but I have allergies & sometimes I can't get my medicine cocktail just right & I suffer greatly, but the weather is so nice! What's a chica to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They fit the cute & comfy bill! The allergies are a mess. I'm thankful that I don't suffer from them, but hubs is constantly reminding me about the pollen. So we look forward for it to pass quickly. But we bask in the fall when the moderate temps return without pollen!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Regine! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Homemade pizza is a regular weeknight meal in our house as well. We usually have it on Friday nights since it's so easy and unfortunately, that usually ends up being our busiest night of the week! Oh I miss chunky baby legs. I have to get some new canvas shoes for spring. Love that coral color! Stopping by from H54F! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it for Friday or any day on the weekend since we are trying to relax then! The canvas shoes are fun for the spring for sure

      Delete
  5. I love making homemade pizza! We are actually making some tonight!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! What did you top it with? Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I adore homemade pizza! Yours looks really good! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! It is so fun to play around with the toppings!

      Delete
  7. I love making homemade pizza - that's a great weekend tradition!! Also love those canvas shoes, I wear mine a lot - so comfy!! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It is a fun tradition around our house for sure!

      Delete
  8. Just popping in from the link up. So happy to find your blog! The pizza looks delish and the shoe are just too cute! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 months?!?! How is your bean so big?! Chunky baby legs are just the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. 20 pounds already! Love them so much!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)