Monday, March 21, 2016

Homemade bbq chicken pizza

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a fun weekend!  It's cold all of a sudden around here, but our weekend was packed with fun!  My sisters spent the whole day with us on Sunday and we got to have lunch with a couple of neighbors on Saturday at a fun brunch place in town.

We're working hard to keep the posts regular over here.  Today I'm excited to share what a homemade pizza recipe that has become a staple in our meal plans these days.   I really think I love pizza more now that we make it at home and while I do still love restaurant pizza now and then, I would rather have homemade than frozen any day of the week.




One of the best things about making your pizza at home is that the options are close to limitless in terms of what you put on top.  We do pepperoni quite often because that's easy to keep in the fridge and hubs likes it.  Sometimes I add some veggies like peppers or artichokes.  And sometimes we mix it up and have another favorite: barbecue chicken pizza.



We use this recipe for the crust no matter what toppings we will use.

INGREDIENTS
Pizza Crust (recipe copied from original)
3 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (.25 ounce) active dry yeast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 cup warm water, 110 degrees F (45 degrees C)

Barbecue Chicken Topping
1 can chicken breast (you could also dice fresh chicken and cook prior to using)
1 cup  and 1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce
2 tbsp bacon bits
2 cups shredded cheese (we use a mix of cheddar and mozzerella)


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 

Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water.

Flour a pizza stone and roller and spread dough.

In a separate pan, mix chicken, 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, and bacon bits and warm over medium heat until mixed thoroughly.

Pour 1 cup barbecue sauce onto dough and spread evenly.  Be sure to leave about 1/2 inch along the edges for the crust.

Top with most of the shredded cheese and then add the chicken/bacon.  Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.

Bake for 20-25 minutes (23 is perfect for us).

*You may also add onion to your pizza.  Hubs very much dislikes onion so we don't, but I think it would be yummy.

Enjoy!

What are some of your staple family meals?

6 comments:

  1. Nice post, thank you so much for the sharing

    arron
    GlassesShop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer homemade pizza as well but for some reason my family prefers store bought. I'm trying to convert them, lol. This is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing it at Over The Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove BBQ chicken pizza! It's been forever since I've made it. I'll have to add it back into the rotation. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I didn't get a chance to try it (yet), but I did pick it as one of my additional recipes at the You Link It, We Make It link party! I'm pinning to our group board and would love to invite you to pin to it as well. Send me an email with your Pinterest email at uncookiecutter@gmail.com. Congrats on your feature! So glad you linked up and hope you'll join us again this week! http://uncookiecutter.com/2016/03/chocolate-lemon-cookies-link-make-7/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! We very recently started making pizzas at home while my Mom was here visiting. I never think to do it when it's just the four of us though. Pizza night would be a fun addition to our family meal plan. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious. I've never made homemade pizza. One of my frugal friends makes it almost every time we visit - it is one of her best meals.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)