Friday, May 6, 2016

Five on Friday

Friday!  Friday!  Friday!  Oh, I just love a good Friday.  It means a weekend is coming up and we get to do all the fun things as a family for the next two days.

I'm also excited, because I've been able to put together a top 5 list this week for you all!  These little lists are good for me to go back and recognize some of the little fun things going on around here each week. 

ONE.  Shopping trips with my sister.  Earlier, I mentioned how my sister has an awesome style and I'm feeling a little bit in a rut with my wardrobe.  Since I don't love to complain without acting, I got to go shopping with my sis recently and started to revamp my spring/summer wardrobe.  I was just thrilled.  I need to shop slowly because I don't want any buyer's remorse and I need to stay in my budget so it was really fun to have my sister there to help me decide which pieces to get this month and which to leave behind.  


I ended up with 6 pieces - 4 tops and 2 crop pants for just $64.  This is pushing it pretty close to my monthly budget, but I think it was totally worth it.  I ended up with the pink striped shirt and coral tee from LOFT, a lime green linen tunic, an awesome chambray top (remember when I posted about wanting to add this to my wardrobe?  I can check this and the puffy vest off at this point!) from Gap, orange crop pants from Gap and white denim crop pants by Merona for Target.  We shop second hand, so we were able to find sweet deals without breaking the bank.  I seriously think someone totally unloaded their LOFT collection though, so I am hoping to snag a few more pieces next month when my budget resets.  Loft and Gap are two of my favorite brands for comfort, style, and fit, so it was a real treat to find these pieces there!  I'm excited to start wearing these soon!


TWO.  Solid foods continued.  I posted a several weeks ago that we were starting solid foods with the Little and I'm happy to report that he loves them.  Sweet potatoes (and sticky rice) are his current favorites, I think.  Oh, and Sophie.  :)


THREE.  All the little things.  Y'all.  I love mothering so much.  It is actually one of my very favorite things.  I am so thankful every single day for little chores like washing these diapers.  Of course, I don't always get the little chores done perfectly or even on a daily basis.  But boy am I thankful for them.


FOUR.  A good mail day.  I recently got this fun little #BloomVoxBox courtesy of Influenster, which was full of treats for the spring.  There's some nail polish, polish remover, a chewy granola bar (which has already been eaten), deodorant, dry oil, and hair volumizing product.  I cannot wait to try out all of these goodies and review them here for you.  I have really enjoyed working with Influenster to test out a variety of products.  If you're interested, I would definitely encourage you to stop by their website and sign up.  It's free and fun.


FIVE.  Mother's Day is this weekend.  We'll get to spend time with our mothers this weekend and this is my first Mother's Day with a Little (except last year of course while I was pregnant, but it feels different this year) and I am so excited.  I love holidays and I love celebrating and motherhood is an awesome thing to celebrate if you ask me.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mom and it's not something that I ever take lightly or for granted.  I am thankful to have an awesome mom and mother in law and I am blessed by so many women that I know that mother so well that I have been able to glean so much advice (and hand-me-down gear) from.  


In other non-top-five news, I need to help the Little transition from his swing to his crib for naps and it is going about as smoothly as my parents' gravel driveway back home.  Does anyone have any tips?  Any experience?  He's almost 8 months and quickly outgrowing the swing.  I would LOVE some help. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your mother's day print for number 5! I really like that sentiment :) Have a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; found it on pinterest!

      Delete
  2. Shopping with my sister is one of my favorite things to do! Glad you had so much fun with yours!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; we had a blast! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)