Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Re-cap

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing weekend.  Ours was filled with fun and family and we had a really great time.   

Friday night was really low-key.  I cooked a pizza and we went for a family walk after dad got home.  Nothing too exciting, which is just they way I think a Friday night should be.  

On Saturday, I spent some time with one of my sisters who recently moved to help her pack things and move some of the last things from the old apartment to the new.  It's way easier to help someone else move than to move yourself - that is for sure!  Hub's family came up to visit for the afternoon/evening and we just hung out at home with them.  The weather was PERFECT so we were able to play outside (Little and I watched Daddy and his brothers play basketball), go for a walk, and even have dinner outside.  

Sunday, we went to church early in the morning and then came home so the Little could nap (he didn't) then drove to visit my parents.  This was super fun since all of my siblings were also able to visit.  We haven't all been together since Christmas so this was a real treat - and my mom was really thankful to have all of us there. 


After a couple of hours, we needed to hit the road to travel back home though, because the Little got a combined about 30 minutes of napping in since he wouldn't nap in the morning and slept for about 5 minutes at my parents' house (remember how I said I need to figure out how best to transition from the swing for naps?  Yeah...), and then only a little bit in the car seat on our drive back.  Sleeping is playing games on us over here in the Thrift for Today house.  All things considered though, he was a champ visiting everyone and we were glad of that.  Current status:  napping in the swing.  ;)

Y'all.  I love this baby so much.  Every single day I am reminded of how blessed I am to be his mom.  Every single day I pray for him to continue to grow strong, and healthy.  I pray that he will grow to know, love, and serve the Lord from an early age.  And I pray that we will have grace and wisdom to parent him well.  Grace upon grace.  That's what this boy is to us.  We love him so much.  

"My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad indeed; my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right." Proverbs 23:15-16


1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, that's awesome that you were able to all be there with your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)