Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekending. 5.22.16

Last week when I looked at the weather forecast, it was calling for cooler temps and cloudy/rainy weather this whole weekend but man!  This weekend really turned out to be full of fun and beautiful weather with some clouds and rain mixed in.  But WAY more pretty than not.

Last week felt really long to me.  I don't think there was anything totally crazy or different about it, but it just felt non-stop and by Friday I was tired.  I planned on cooking a pizza for us for dinner because it is super easy to cook, eat, and clean up which was really what I needed on Friday.  But, hubs came home with coupons for Moe's so we packed up a dinner for the Little and went out to eat.  It was so nice and relaxing and fun.  We haven't eaten out as a family in a while and it is so much easier now because Little can sit in a high chair and I can pack solids for him to eat and things to keep him occupied.  It was such an unexpected surprise idea from hubs and I really appreciated it.

Saturday, we went to a local park first thing in the morning just to get outside before the rain that they were calling for.  Little can really only enjoy the baby swings now so we weren't there very long but it was fun to be on the playground with him and watching him explore new things.  Because the weather cleared up though and ended up being beautiful, we met friends for lunch and headed to a local farm to pick fresh strawberries. 

 
Y'all.   These are the best strawberries I have had in so long.  At least since last summer when we got berries from the same farm.  So of course on Saturday night, I made a yummy cheesecake to go with.  It was all I could do not to have strawberries and cheesecake for every meal Sunday.  But, I'm trying to be healthier - so I resisted.  Barely.  

On Sunday, we spent the whole day together at church then home.  We played all day long.  Little also got a little walker from his grandparents so his world is expanding quickly as he learns to scoot himself around in this thing.  He is so interested in all the things so I'm becoming even more aware of how quickly we will need to really start baby proofing things.  Be still my heart. 

 But, it is so fun to watch him grow and learn and explore.  We love all his little changes and new expressions these days.  He'll be 9 months old soon, which sounds so much closer to a year than even 6 months did.  

I'm also finishing up one month of being home with him, which is the best job I have ever had.  

I don't think we have major plans this week and I'm thankful for that.  This was a really fun weekend that we were able to spend together relaxing and enjoying one another and it was just what I needed.   

Also, unrelated - but we are looking to buy an umbrella stroller soon for the Little so if any of you mamas have suggestions or faves, please let me know!  We've got a BOB jogging stroller which I adore, but I don't think it's practical for some of our traveling this summer. 

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had great weather - those strawberries look amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Especially since they were calling for rain the whole weekend! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Those strawberries look sooo good!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were delicious. I think we might go back again this weekend - they were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, things are about to get crazy around there with your little guy! I remember safety guarding EVERYTHING when my family opened our home to foster babies....every single cabinet and toilet and drawer was locked shut! It was a pain for sure!
    Glad you had a nice weekend :) xo, Kelsey So Much Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bracing myself! He is trying his hardest to climb onto everything these days - which is super fun to watch him learn and explore and also a bit nerve wracking to double check all the things around the house for safety.

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)