Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Influenster VoxBox: Bloom Box Review

Happy day, friends!  You all know I love a good mail day.  (Good mail day = anytime there is personal mail and/or a package on my doorstep, FYI)  I especially love when the good mail day includes new goodies for me to try out from Influenster's voxbox program.

I got this "Bloom" voxbox for spring a few weeks ago and I've been trying all the things so I'm sharing those reviews with you today.  The box was complimentary, but all the opinions are my own. 


As you can see, this was a fun box - with a little of this and a little of that.  There was some nail polish + remover, a little granola bar snack, travel size deodorant, hair lift produce and body oil.  Where to even begin?  (hint: with the snack.  Always start with the snack.)

Sunbelt Bakery Granola Bars: Oats & Honey 
I cannot tell you enough good things about this little nugget.  I'm eating one right now just for good measure, in fact.  I loved the way this tasted.  The texture was perfect and it was just sweet enough to feel like a treat.  They aren't kidding when they say this tastes like it's from a bakery.  It's not dry like some other chewy bars I've tried.  I also LOVE that it has a little bit of coconut in it - perfect flavor.  I've already bought 2 boxes of these for our pantry.  They come 10 to a box and were on rollback at Walmart for just $2 recently.  (Regular price is $2.69).

Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads
These worked really well.  I don't do my nails that often if I'm honest, but I do like to have my toe nails painted for the summer.  I think that these are more accurately described as polish remover sheets, but soft, pad like sheets because there are pretty big for what I was expecting.  One of them was enough for me to take the old polish off of all of my toe nails without any trouble.  I've got lots of nail polish remover under my sink already, so I haven't bought these yet, but I think they would be GREAT for travel and on the go.

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in VIP (1231)
This is a really fun color for the summer!  I love all the red/pink/orange/coral colors this time of year.  Sinful Colors is a great polish if you are looking for something that isn't very expensive.  In fact, it's one of the cheapest polishes I've seen that still works well (just 1.99-2.99/bottle).  I've been wearing this on my toe nails for a week without it chipping, so I'll be using this throughout the summer.  I only put one coat on my nails, and it's lasted about 3 days so far and is starting just now to show some wear.  Sinful Colors has tons of colors to choose from and can be found almost anywhere that sells nail polish.

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil
This oil claims to nourish, repair, and soften face, body, and hair quickly and easily with lots of botanical oils and vitamin E.  But I'm not a huge oil person.  That said, I've tried it and it definitely did make my face feel nice and smooth when I used it before bed.  I'm not totally sure about it on my hair, but I don't have a huge hair routine to begin with and my hair is almost always up these days with the Little.  I did love the smell of this oil though.  It's got a light fragrance and is just lovely.  I would definitely use this as a moisturizer before going out.

Secret Outlast Xtend Invisible Solid
The weather has really warmed up around here (along with the humidity - oh, the humidity) so I feel like I start sweating the minute I go outside and then just don't stop sometimes during this time of the year.  Deodorant that lasts a long time is a must.  This fits the bill.  I got the completely clean scent and I really like it.  It is fresh without being overbearing.  It claims to have 48 hour protection, but I really can't go more than 24 without reapplying, so I can't speak to that.  This is a deodorant that I'd like to try more of though and would recommend.

Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy
This hair lifter spray claims to add volume and shine to your hair.  I tried this once, and it worked well. It is lightweight, which I really appreciate so it doesn't weigh my hair down or feel icky after a while.  It's also got a very light scent, which I really like.  I think this is great if you have thin hair, or are looking for a little pick me up for your hair, but I don't plan on buying the larger size since my hair is already thick and usually in a ponytail.  I do plan on keeping this sample though - it should last a while!

And that's it.  Have you tried any of the products listed here?  Which are your favorites?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)