Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What I Wore: Green linen tunic and white cropped jeans

Happy Wednesday!  This week is kind of a doozy for us as we've got things to do and places to be outside of the house every day.  The little and I are also on the mend from a small cold that we were fighting last week.  Yuck. This week for me is all about efficiency, lists, and being proactive to get things done and keep all the things moving. 


This outfit was a fun one that I wore for about 1.5 hours to run some errands with the little and then immediately changed when we got home and I realized how dangerous it might be to feed an almost 9 month old (!!) lunch in white jeans.  Fun while it lasted though.


Another exciting story about this post is that these photos were all taken in the morning, before hubs went to work because the little was sleeping in.  How did that even happen?  I was totally in shock and wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity to take some photos.  We transitioned him out of our room and took away the swing for naps on the long Memorial Day weekend and while sleeping is still a work in progress (we had a couple really great nights, and then the others are hit or miss), we don't rely on the swing for naps anymore and I cannot even begin to tell you all how glad I am to be able to put my baby down in his crib for naps awake without him being so sad and confused. 


I don't feel a huge pressure to get to sleeping through the nights and frankly, I kind of liked having the little in our room for so long.  We ultimately decided to move him into his own room full time though to help with naps.  I didn't want to be trapped out of my room while he was napping during the day.  Our room looks so huge now that it is sans crib, and his room looks so lovely and nursery like since we've moved the crib back.  I think it's better for all of us.  If you have any sleep tips, please feel free to share in the comments.  I love your stories and advice. 



This outfit is mostly all new to me and all from Clothes Mentor - aka my favorite place to shop.  The top is a fun lime green and is 100% linen and the white crop pants are Target brand.  I probably paid $15 for this look.  The shoes are Jack Rogers, but they're old and also bought used online many years ago.

I love a good linen tunic, that's for sure.  (And I love wearing them with white.)  If there was any doubt, see below:

 

 

  
  

7 comments:

  1. Ca-ute!! Love all the tops you're rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! And yes, not a good idea to feed a 9 month old in white jeans.lol

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty summer outfit! Love the tunics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; they are fun to wear this time of year!

      Delete
  4. Okay you are just adorable!! Love these outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)