Friday, July 22, 2016

Momming in the Mundane

Before you say it, don't worry, I already know.  Momming isn't a real word.  But, it's a made up word and I use it somewhat frequently in real life when people ask what I do.  Hubs even laughed at it and likened it to the other made up word that is making its way so quickly around people my age and younger these days - adulting.  And just to be clear, I don't use that word.

But, momming, man I love so much that I get to be a mom to our sweet little.  So, today, I'm starting a little series here called "Momming in the Mundane: Appreciating the everyday joys of motherhood" in which I hope to document some of the little things that happen around our home that just make my heart swell.  Sometimes these are major milestones, and more times they are sweet baby giggles when I make a silly face.  But I want to remember it all. 



I think that this will be a fun way for me to document how I'm feeling and what I'm learning without having to share all the nitty gritty and personal stories from our days.  

We are 10 months in now, which in so many ways feels totally crazy to me.  The little is growing and learning so much these days and he is constantly on the move and into everything.  

I was a little concerned about his crawling when at six months, everyone started asking me, "so, is he crawling all over the place yet?"  I would always respond with a quick, "not yet, but he's trying to scoot all around!"  And then one day, he just started to get around.  Now, he is pulling up on everything, crawling here and there and always wanting to walk holding our hands.  It is so fun.  

He's also got 4 top teeth trying to come through so we've had some challenging days here in the past few weeks, but I'm excited for him to be getting more teeth!  

And finally, I've talked a little about his sleeping here before, but we successfully transitioned to the crib in his own room a few months ago, which was huge!  Little started sleeping MUCH better through the night, only waking up once.  That is until recently when he only wants to be with me when he gets tired.  I've slept with him the last few nights, which has allowed us all to get more sleep.  Am I creating bad habits?  I don't know.  But, we are all more well rested.  Frankly, I am being reminded more and more of his independence everyday and if he wants to snuggle, I want to snuggle with him.  He does know how to sleep on his own, as he proves to me at nap times, so I just let it be.  

Y'all.  I just really love momming so much.  I am learning constantly, always on my toes, and totally in awe and full of thanksgiving for this sweet little love. 

12 comments:

  1. Love this sweet post! Can't wait to read more of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Traci! I'm hoping to keep up with them!

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully stated - and congrats on being 10 months in! It's an accomplishment, and I hope your baby is now starting to respond in new ways to all the wonderful input you've been giving him for the last 10 months! It's so easy to get caught up in "milestones," when the part that counts is giving our babies the experiences, the space, the security and the love to allow them to grow and develop. Thanks for a beautiful post!
    - Ayelet from Strength In Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet words, Ayelet! What an encouragement this Monday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet time that goes by SO fast! Enjoy every new season. Each one gets better and better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is adorable - I love to remember the lovely bits too. And although momming isn't a word (yet...) - and autocorrect keeps changing it to miming - I love that too! Well done on making a successful transfer into his own room, such a huge step that we only managed at 13 months xx #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momming huh?!
    I like that, might have to 'borrow' that one.
    Love the idea of a little series of posts on appreciating the little things. Its those that make our memories after all! It lovely to take stock and appreciate xx
    #bestandworst xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the word! It's so cute and definitely takes the mundane out of motherhood:) Enjoy!
    #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your little man. 10 months is a wonderful age, they're discovering something new everyday. Don't worry about the bad habits, do what works best for you all. He will not be sleeping with you when he's 10 years old, so enjoy your cuddling for now. My daughter slept in our room until she was almost four because she was a restless sleeper and I couldn't bring myself to get up and cross the hallway to her room several times every night. No matter that other people insisted she should be in her own room by that age. I was the one getting up, so I knew what worked best. Now she's almost six and sleeping great, in her room, and I have no regrets. Preserving your sanity often takes precedence over habits that will just naturally go away as they grow older.

    Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet encouragement to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet note!

      Delete
  9. Ahhh how lovely, sounds like he is coming on a treat. Here's to the next 10 months! Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw I love this - it's so important to enjoy the little things as they grow up and I think I might adopt the word 'momming' too! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)