Saturday, August 27, 2016

Healthy Banana Pancakes

Hey again - it's me.  I'm still here - actually actively reading and following some of my favorite blogs, but without too much time to edit and post photos for new posts in the recent days.  I've had this one in the draft stage for quite a while, but hadn't gotten around to writing the text for it until just recently.

Today, I'm sharing a healthy little breakfast recipe with you all that I've enjoyed making and sharing with the Little in the mornings.  I found it on Pinterest a while back and don't even know if I pinned the recipe because it was so simple. 


They are super easy, and tasty - but with a totally different texture than a regular pancake in my opinion.  If your bananas are really ripe and sweet, you don't need any syrup!




INGREDIENTS
1 ripe banana
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I just eyeball it to be honest and sprinkle as much as I want into the bowl)
1/4 tsp vanilla, optional

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, mash the banana until it is smooth.  Mix in eggs and other ingredients, stirring until smooth.
Use a spoon (I use a ladle) to spoon mixture onto a hot, sprayed griddle or flat pan.
Cook for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side until done.


I get on these health kicks from time to time and decide that I'm really going to be healthier this time.  But to be honest, I've learned that I'm not awesome at sticking to a strict diet and/or exercise routine so I am working hard to find simple and easy ways that I can incorporate healthy habits and exercise into my pre-existing activities and then make sure to use moderation when I indulge (because I will not give up baked treats, or carbs, or cheese, or ice cream completely.  I just will not.)

So far, so good.  I want to be the best I can be.  It's important to me to be proactive about my own health so that I can train the Little how to balance the sweet things and healthy things and fitness.

What little things do you do to stay healthy? 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy and easy! Can't wait to try it!! (Maybe with the addition of a few chocolate chips! ;))

    ReplyDelete

Don't worry if your comment doesn't appear right away. They're all moderated which helps make sure I don't miss all the nice things you have to say! I respond to comments via email, so be sure that you're not a no-reply blogger so we can be in touch!
:)