My name is Mary Leigh and I'm happy that you're here! There are a few things to know about me and the Thrift for Today blog - much of which is in the little blurb on the side bar, but more of which is not. I'll do my best to highlight the big things here, but you'll have to follow along to learn more. We're always learning and growing and changing around here!
- I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus came to Earth to rescue us and that God demonstrated his love for me [and you] in that while we were still sinners, Christ died on the cross for us. I believe that he rose again and is alive and that he's coming back. I live life in light of this.
- Hubs and I started dating on February 29, 2008 and got married in 2012. It's been a mostly fun journey and one that I wouldn't trade. I'm thankful to have him on my team.
- We bought our first [& current] home in March 2013 and we love it here. There are things I'd still like to change, but I have loved making it our home and hope that we stay here until we totally outgrow it.
- We became parents in the fall of 2015 and I share a birthday with our Little. I don't really post pictures of him on the blog because the internet isn't a totally safe place and he's not old enough to decide what he wants to share. He is adorable though, you'll just have to take my word for it.
- We've also got pretty great families and incredible friends that we love and that love us and we are so thankful for that.
- We try to be good stewards about all the many blessings that we've been given, be it finances, time, energy, health, or relationships and we are constantly being challenged to be wise in how we spent our life.
About Thrift for Today
Thrift for Today is kind of a collection of lots of things. In reality, the blog itself has been around since March 2012, but has been on a little journey of its own in finding it's place in blog world. The word "thrift" means to be intentional and wise, careful with resources and while it is most commonly used to talk about money, it encompasses a lot of what we try to do and so "Thrift for Today" was born.
I hope to encourage you and lift you up as you read along. I like to share stories, ideas, recipes, adventures, and treasures with you all. Ultimately though, this is a story about us and that means there are sometimes some random seemingly unrelated things around here.
I'm so glad that you're here and I hope you'll be back.